Thursday, March 20, 2014

Cuz I'm the shit...

They say that cockiness is unattractive but in the same breath they say confidence is sexy...

So I wonder what makes you cocky as opposed to confident

I got to admit, I think very highly of myself.. I find myself extremely attractive. I am tall, curious, ambitious, intelligent, comfortable in my skin, confident in my ability, easy going, funny... Did I say I look good too??

I am giving, caring, loyal, compassionate, open, understanding, friendly... Did I say I look good too??

I think my friends are lucky to have me around to lighten the mood, and help them enjoy life. I think my family see me as dependable, non-judgemental, and full of spirit. I think that a man couldn't do better than to pursue me knowing that I am all of the above but also a partner, considerate, affectionate, committed and nurturing.

Sometimes I am told "nobody loves Tara more than Tara" but this statement honestly confuses me... Why should anyone love me more?

The world can be hard. You are faced by media images of what is perceived as beautiful but lacks any root in reality. Images or words that cut to the soul of young impressionable kids. They see and are told what they should feel about themselves. They are bombarded by these things. They face emotional up and downs. They experience journeys that take them through different life stages and personality crises. I refuse to let other's opinions mold my self-perception.

My image of myself helps me slap these stereotypes in the face. I don't need someone to make me feel that I am worthy. I know I am. I know qualities of love, patience, and kindness and I recognize that beauty in myself.

So at the end of the day call me cocky, call me confidence (did I mention I look good??)... makes no difference to me and ask me if I care cuz bottom line... I'm the shit!!!

3 comments:

  1. Lol...well then no need for me to say it! Lol Tara on her organic again raw and undiluted. True about who should love you more than you. I think if people truly grasped that message we wouldn't be looking for love and validation in all the wrong places therfore not only saving ourselves but therefore generations of people lol

    ReplyDelete